Create SAP System
To create a new SAP System, you have to
Navigate to the Connector Overview
Navigate to the Sap System Tab
Click the plus button in the upper right corner
Fill in at least all required information (more information about the parameters below) and click the save button
SAP System Parameters
- Name: The name used internally by Simplifier to identify the SAP System. Must be unique
- Description: The description to store additional information that describe or identify the SAP System.
- Active: Whether the SAP System can be used.
- System Type: The type of your SAP System (e.g. Development, Testing, Production…).
- Tags: The tags you want to give your SAP System. Used to filter and search for the SAP System.
- Projects: You can assign the SAP System to multiple projects if you want to use it exclusively in them.
SAP System Information
The following parameters can partially be found in the properties of your SAP System.
To access them you have to Launch SAP Logon on your local machine, right click on the system and chose Properties
In this view you can find most of the parameters for the Connection tab.
The client number and the language information can be found by closing the properties dialog again and double clicking on the system.
Here you can find the client number (listed as Client).
The Logon Language from this view can be entered in the Language Tab of the Simplifier SAP System.
- Connection Type: Here you can choose whether you want to connect by means of a Custom Application Server or a Group Server to your SAP System
- System ID: The ID of your SAP System.
- Instance Number: A two-digit number between 00 and 99 describing the instance of your SAP System.
- Client Number: A three-digit number between 000 and 999 describing the client you are using.
- SAP-Router String: The string used to connect via SAP-Router to your SAP System
- Application Server: The IPv4 address or hostname of your application server. Must be filled if you chose “Custom Application Server” as Connection Type
- Message Server: The IPv4 address or hostname of your message server. Must be filled if you chose “Group/Server Selection” as Connection Type
- SNC Mode Active: With this switch you can active the connection via SNC.
- SNC Partner: The name of the SNC communication partner (e.g. your SAP System)
- SNC-SSO Mode: With this switch you can select to use SNC-SSO (SNC Single Sign On) Mode.
- SNC Quality of Protection: Here you can select the SNC Quality of Protection.
- Language: Here you can select the return value language as shorthand (e.g. en, de)