Release Date: July 30, 2019
New Features Release 4.5
The new module feature makes it logically possible to divide complex applications into maintainable and reusable modules.
Advantages of modules at a glance:
- Parallel development in teams is possible. The individual teams can edit individual modules, which are finally reassembled in an application.
- Runtime behavior is improved by dynamic loading.
- Software maintenance is optimized.
- they enable the bidirectional exchange of data between applications and other modules.
The staging of applications has been further simplified by allowing different data sources to be configured for a normally three-tier system landscape (development, test, and production systems). For example, if an application is transported from the test environment to the production system, Simplifier automatically selects the adequate data source.
Since data is read or written from the correct data source, this saves a lot of time!
Many companies that rely on SAP have already migrated from their old ERP versions to S/4HANA or are planning to do so (the corresponding support will expire in 2025). Therefore, new interface protocols have to be set up on the customer systems. This of course includes oData. Within its powerful integration layer, Simplifier now offers a Connector Wizard for oData v2, which enables application developers to easily integrate oData backend services. The big advantage is that you can easily access existing oData services from S/4HANA or others without having to code.
The new Proxy Connector enables the use of all HTTP services that are not based on specific protocol architectures such as REST, SOAP or oData.
Updated Features Release 4.5
Extended transport system
In addition, the content can now be transferred from one Simplifier instance to another via a remote HTTP connection – without time-consuming manual downloading and uploading!
The import and export history shows you when a transport was imported on which instance and where conflicts occurred.
Automated application tests
The automated testing, which you already know from Release 4.0, has been revised.
Analogous to the OPA5 standard, we have introduced Journey and Page Objects. This allows you to group and execute several test cases within one Journey. You can use the Page Objects to access reusable test runs.
Mobile Action Audio/Video Call
We want you to stay in touch: That’s why we switched the audio/video call function from P2P to client-server technology.
This has the advantage that audio/video conferencing with multiple participants is now possible. (All you need is a separate conferencing plugin, which must be installed on Simplifier).
New features in the Process Designer
The search in the Process Designer now allows you to search for variables, auto fields and parameters as well as their unique IDs in the mapping dialogs. You can also search for descriptions and function names of business objects or connector calls.
“To Set or not Set…”: A new condition isSet or isNotSet now checks whether a variable is defined or not.
New features in the UI Designer
Update to UI5 1.60
The Simplifier admnistration interface now uses the latest UI5 1.60 version.
In addition, we have also adapted all widgets to the new version. All Simplifier Apps benefit from this.
Enhanced SOAP Connector
The SOAP connector now also allows file transfer in the form of attachments.
With Release 4.5 you can design the header variables as you like and add your own HTTP headers.
Extended SQL Connector
Anyone can make a statement here: A larger input mask with syntax highlighting is now available in the SQL connector for entering SQL statements.
We also offer a new transaction mode. Here all statements can be executed as one database transaction.
SAP Remote Function Call (RFC) is the standard SAP interface for communication between SAP systems. RFC ... More Connector
The revised SAP Remote Function Call (RFC) is the standard SAP interface for communication between SAP systems. RFC ... More Connector now also supports the ABAP TABLES parameters in function modules.
Admin UI in a New Design
The administration interface has been updated to UI5 version 1.60. The appearance has been adapted to the new Simplifier logo and corporate design.
There is also an easy way to report bugs via the menu.
By revising the business objects, we achieve an up to 500% higher execution speed of the server-side program logic.
Take the plunge: In addition, we have optimized user-friendliness and make it possible to jump to functions directly from the list view. The functions of the numeral.js library are now also available for formatting or calculating numbers.
The execution speed of Simplifier has been improved in 3 points:
SAML 2.0 Authentication
We have revised the SAML 2.0 authentication as part of ADFS (Active Directory Federation Services).
The authorization object of the UI Designer has now been extended to include Create, Display, Edit and Delete.
Mobile Features 4.5
Explored App for iOS users
With the Explored App you can now adapt the App menu to your layout and corporate design.
The Explored App is available free of charge on the marketplace.
- The Cordova-Plugin-IntelWebRTC has been removed in favour of Cordova-Plugin-Conferencing.
- All mobile plugins have been updated to the latest version
- The Cordova Plugin Document Viewer has been removed – please use PDF.js Library as a replacement
- New graphics for the user interface
- 64bit support for Android ARM/x86 and iOS
- An AirWatch-enabled client has been created, which must be deployed as an internal app in the management console – please contact your project manager for further information.
- Better handling of permission requests for all required plugins and updated usage descriptions
Deeplinking/own URI schema
We have added custom URL schemas to launch a business app through a hyperlink.
Requirements and Restrictions:
- Simplifier client installation required
- Automatic start of the client with user login
- URL launch is prioritized higher than automatic app launch
- Warning if the desired app is not installed
- Display a popup with countdown as soon as a link is clicked and a confirmation dialog when the business app is executed.
- Business App is updated before launch if automatic update is enabled
- Incorrect or invalid links will not be processed.
External login methods
In addition to OAuth 2.0, we now also support SAML services.
Webview Debugging (Android)
A new developer option for debugging business apps with Chrome Inspector is now available.
WebRTC P2P support is no longer supported – please use our new Video/Audio Conferencing feature (separate plugin required)
Announcements for upcoming Releases
What you can expect in the future
- Simplifier Windows 10 Client will be discontinued in further releases, as Microsoft no longer develops its own Windows 10 mobile platform.
- Angular 2 widgets will no longer be available as of Release 5.0.
- Client API for direct connector execution (without calls) will not be available in future releases – please use only connectors with calls.
- The simple option for executing SQL statements within the SQL Connector will no longer be supported in Release 5.0.