Everybody is using AppWizards, but applications still look and behave differently in terms of general layout and authentication? Then think of creating a template everybody can use as basis.
Creating an application template with all required basic topics like authentication or general layout will make it simplier for you to have a common look and feel as well as it will fasten application development for your (Citizen) Developers.
This Knowledge Base article shows how to create your own application template, that can be copied and directly used.
To help you with that we provide an own Application Template that will provide a basis for the creation of your own template.
STEP 2: Copy connector ‘SF_Login’
Copy connector SF_Login. Set name matching your naming guidelines (e.g. Internal_Login)
Set required endpoints for your landscape. When creating the endpoint you can copy the settings from ‘Default’-Endpoint. No further changes required.
STEP 3: Copy server-side Business Object ‘SF_Login’
Copy server-side Business Object ‘SF_Login’. Set name matching your naming guidelines (e.g. Internal_Login)
STEP 4: Create new roles for app and users
Create role for application:
- Name it matching your naming guidelines (e.g. ‘AppIntern_Template’)
- Set same permissions as in role ‘AppSF_TemplateApp’
- Remove Permissions for connector and server-side Business Object ‘SF_Login’
- Add execution permissions permissions for the created connector and server-side Business Objects in step 2 and 3
- Add execution permissions only for further assets, that are required before login
Create role for password reset (only if you require password reset for local Simplifier users (not IDP users) and if you want to change the name of the role):
- Name it matching your naming guidelines (e.g. AppIntern_Template_ResetPassword)
- Set same permissions as in role ‘AppSF_TemplateApp_ResetPassword’
Remove extensions if not required:
- SimplifierLetterbox to deactivate Letterboxing
- SimplifierExtension to remove Nunito as font
Set your auth services if not all should be shown:
- Set value of global variable ‘authServices’
- Add an entry for each required auth service. Keep in mind to add the names for auth services on qa and prod instances ass well, if their names are different
Activate ‘Forgot Password’ function if required
- Set global variable ‘useForgotPassword’ to true