Simplifier Community Home Forums Simplifier Forum Output for SQL connector call

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 0
    • Padawan

Dear community,

I have a similar topic to Robert’s post on January 11, 2019 regarding displaying an output from a SQL connector call in my app. Likewise Robert, I have created a SQL connector. Its connector call is tested and running. Also, I sticked to the example app (ITIZ_Template_SQL_ShoppingList) in building everything. However, when deploying my app (containing a search field and a text field for the returned value) I can see the results in the inspector but it doesn’t get displayed in my text field. My team and I figured out that the connector returns an array containing objects but the text field accepts only a string. So we made a work around by attaching a script that does the transformation.

But that surely isn’t the solution and I must have missed something?

• This topic was modified 2 months ago by AvatarKsenia.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Participant
    • Topics: 34
    • Replies: 39
    • Jedi Master
    Up
    Down

Hi Ksenia,

you can do that mapping directly in process designer when calling your connector “CWTool->getLand” assuming that your output parameter in the getLand call of your connector has a variable of type json object (structure) or a simple string type.

If you have an input field on your screen I assume that you’re expecting not several values (no array) as output from your connector.

If not use a table instead of the input field. Then you can map the array of the connector result to the items (e.g. columnlistItems) of the table.

Best regards

Klaus

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.