This Connector includes all the main functionalities of the Nominatim API.
Nominatim (from the Latin, ‘by name’) is a tool to search OpenStreetMap data by name and address and to generate synthetic addresses of OpenStreetMap points (reverse geocoding).
The Calls included in this Connector in detail:
- Lookup: The lookup API allows to query the address and other details of one or multiple OpenStreetMap objects like nodes, ways, or relations.
- Reverse: Reverse geocoding generates an address from a latitude and longitude.
- Search (free form): Free-form queries are processed first left-to-right and then right-to-left if that fails.
- Search (Structured request): Structured requests are faster but are less robust against alternative OpenStreetMap tagging schemas.
- Status: Useful for checking if the service and database is running. The JSON output also shows when the database was last updated.
Please refer to and follow the Nominatim Usage Policy when using this Connector.